Hi! How are you? Today is a pretty special day at my house… Today is my beautiful sister’s 17th birthday! Can you believe she is already 17 years old? I still think of her as being 5. Perpetually five years old…can you imagine?
I know what we usually do here. I mix butter and sugar and flour together, along with whatever else I find in my kitchen, and magical things happen (most of the time). Then I try to make things look pretty and take pictures. All of this is followed by storytelling. We’ve got a good system going.
We’re going to mix it up today. There is no butter. No sugar. No flour. No recipe. Stay with me. I think you’ll like this.
Sis turns 17 today. So it only makes sense that, as her older sister, I list 17 things that I hope she’s learned in her 17 years.
1. Pie is breakfast. Pie is, in fact, the best breakfast.
2. If someone’s name is “Bill”, it’s not because it’s short for “Billiam”.
3. You can’t have too many magazine collages hanging in your room.
4. Do what you love to do. Say what you want to say.
5. The little things make life sweet. Buy yourself flowers. Paint your nails, and then repaint them. Put Nutella on everything. Hang Christmas lights everywhere. Stroll up and down the New Jersey boardwalk at night, even if Mom doesn’t think it’s a good idea (what could go wrong??).